Data collection and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our site and provide services to you.
You can visit and browse our site anonymously.
When you register on our site, purchase a product, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form, you may be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, and/or credit card information.
By placing an order with us, you consent to us gathering certain information about you, in order to process your order. This may include (but is not exclusively limited to):
- your full name and email address (so we can deliver your order and update you about it)
- your mailing address (so we can deliver your order)
- your IP address (this is securely collected by our payment system, so that we can validate your payment information and prevent fraudulent orders)
If you do not provide your e-mail address, it may not be possible for you to receive your order or communications and updates about it. The order will be added to your purchase history, which we also retain, in order to be able to help with inquiries and see which customers have ordered in the past.
If you if you sign up to our email list via our website, we may use this information to process your order (if you’ve processed an order), to contact you about an order, or to send you new lessons, new courses, special offers, and other updates.
You may opt out of these communications at any time, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email or by contacting us. If you would like to change your e-mail address, you can click the “Update subscription preferences” link at the bottom of any e-mail, or contact us.
You may request for us to delete your customer information at any time, by contacting us. We will carry out this request within 10 calendar days.
We may also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Construction English uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our site
- To notify you about changes to our site and services we offer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To create and manage your account
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site and services we offer
- To fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site
- To monitor the usage of our site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with and to deliver targeting advertising regarding news, special offers and general information about goods, products, services, and events which we offer
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. Construction English will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How do we protect your information?
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
All credit card information is transmitted through a secure (SSL) connection and processed with a safe payment processor such as Stripe, PayPal, Sendowl, or PagSeguro.
We use MailChimp – a secure, third party email provider to store and manage email subscription information.
Your information will be protected behind our hosting provider’s firewall and other security arrangements on the third party sites. As with any such website, there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this not sufficient, then please do not provide any personal information – or contact us and we will delete your information securely.
In the event that your data is compromised, Construction English will notify you and competent Supervisory Authority(ies) within 72 hours by e-mail with information about the extent of the breach, affected data, any impact on the products and Construction English’s action plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on the data subjects.
“Personal data breach” means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed in connection with the provision of the products.
Your rights & consent
By registering on our site, purchasing a product, subscribing to our newsletter, responding to a survey or filling out a form, you understand that you are providing this information to us voluntarily and there is a legitimate reason to retain this information for the period required to discharge those obligations mentioned above. Without the contact information we will not be able to reply to you or deliver your purchase.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to any information that we have about you;
- Update, change, or correct your information
- Delete your information
In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by corresponding with you electronically.
International privacy laws
If you are subscribing, purchasing, or filling out a form on our website from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including personal data provided by you) to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information and how it is stored by us.
Other websites may display Construction English ads based on the pages you have visited on the Construction English website, but we do not share any of your personally identifiable information with these other sites.
Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use our site. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you. The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Construction English does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to other companies, except for trusted companies that help us operate our website and process payments, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Under certain circumstances, Construction English may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Construction English may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Construction English.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability